Dixie State University's General Education Mission Reflects the values, mission, and learning outcomes forwarded by the Interstate Passport project:
Dixie State University General Education Mission
The General Education program at Dixie State University develops citizen-scholars as it:
- Fosters the development of knowledge across a broad range of liberal arts and sciences disciplines.
- Provides students with the intellectual tools required to think critically and communicate effectively.
- Equips students with the information literacy and quantitative reasoning skills that facilitate success in college and in life.
- Challenges students to explore and appreciate diversity in a globalized world.
- Encourages students to evaluate the responsibilities of citizenship.
- Prepares students for life-long learning.